The fare payments industry is being dramatically affected by COVID-19. Although we don’t know how quickly things will return to ‘normal’, what we can already see is people will be using, and demanding, safe ways to pay – meaning they do not need to handle cash or tickets.
This on-demand webinar from Intelligent Transport explores the potential impact on fare payment teams as well as the two hottest topics taking place in the public transport ticketing industry which both share a common naming convention, ‘as-a-service’.
Our expert panel discuss why these trends are happening, as well as dive into both Fare Payments-as-a-Service and Mobility-as-a-Service. They also look at the best approach for deploying these services, be it layering on or integrating, and you will hear from industry leaders about what they are doing in these areas.
Key learning points:
- Fare Payments during and post COVID-19 and the cashless options available
- An introduction to ‘as-a service’ and why this trend is taking place
- What is Fare Payments-as-a-Service and why are authorities and operators moving to this model for systems delivery?
- Cashless and digital ticketing options – should you integrate or layer-on to existing systems
- Does the term Mobility as a Service (MaaS) still make sense in the way it has been deployed across the world?
- Brian Gebhard, from Trapeze, discusses the new partnership with Masabi
- Tonya Anderson, from the RTD in Denver, shares their journey to Account-Based Ticketing
- Tonya Anderson, Senior Product Manager – Electronic Fare Collections, The RTD
- Brian Gebhardt, Industry Solutions Manager, AFC, Trapeze Group
- Josh Nicklin, Head of Global Sales, Masabi
- Ben Whitaker, Head of Innovation and Co-founder, Masabi