Mobile ticketing has changed the game in terms of being able to quickly deliver fare collection innovation to passengers. Thanks to the maturity, architecture, reliability and robustness of the Justride Platform mobile ticketing can now be made available to passengers in just a handful of days.
Not only is Masabi able to set-up multiple concurrent customers on the Justride platform, the company has set-up multiple agencies on the platform in well under a month from contract signature, including; SW Transit (20 days), Fire Island Ferries (23 days) and in January 2020 Nikko Kottsu Bus in Japan (16 days).
We also ensure an exceptional uptime (99.9%) and have the ability to scale up and down to deal with peaks in demand. Masabi is currently processing $1B in fare revenue annually and is by far the largest mobile ticketing supplier in the market because of our commitment to building a robust and reliable platform. We also have a successful history of taking over from other mobile ticketing suppliers and running migration programs which lead to increases in adoption.
Migrating Ticketing Services to Masabi
Masabi has already performed three mobile ticketing migrations onto the Justride platform (Bustang, National Express West Midlands and NICE Bus) so has proven experience in facilitating this process. In all cases, the new mobile ticketing system has out performed the legacy, with one agency in Colorado now seeing over 75% mobile ticketing adoption.
Masabi has learned through this experience that there are two areas to be considered during a migration:
- The copying of rider accounts from one system to another, primarily for the purpose of managing the migration of unused tickets.
- The seamless set-up, on-boarding and training of the agency on the new platform.
For the migration of accounts from one system to another, a lot will depend on how an incumbent supplier formats its data and is able to share it with Masabi. The primary concern will be to manage tickets that are unused and in the system. This challenge is made more complex if the incumbent supplier allows for offline tickets.
Masabi has two different approaches to migration it has used in the past, depending on suitable existing data formats, ticket types and cooperation from the agency. For more information on this we can supply our new ebook entitled '6 questions to ask when migrating your mobile ticketing provider'. If you would like a copy of this ebook please email: James.email@example.com
On-boarding with MasabiRegarding the set-up of an agency on Justride, Masabi has over 79 clients across 11 countries. Uniquely, Masabi is also running mobile ticketing services for some of the largest cities in North America, including for the New York MTA, the MBTA in Boston, LA Metrolink (which includes LA Metro subway and bus connections), RTD in Denver and Las Vegas RTC. Our system has unrivalled ability to deal with extremely high peaks in demand and scale. This means getting agencies of all sizes Justride enabled and seamlessly scaling the platform is a well oiled machine. The process is as follows:
- The on-boarding process starts with a project plan which includes all the information we need to get started and get the service set up, along with an overview of project phasing, responsibilities and timelines.
- The project kick off meeting reviews the project plan, agrees key milestones and shares relevant set up information.
- Justride configuration involves setting up the relevant fares, branding the application. configuring the right PSP, purchase workflow and mobile wallet enablement.
- Services configuration involves a staff training program, marketing campaign set up and PR support, customer support set up and process agreement.
- Staff training for multiple teams across an agency. This usually includes customer service, administration, finance and inspection staff.
- The testing phase ensures the service will be working perfectly ready for go live.
- Pilot optionality. A pilot can be initiated to test the service but this is not often taken up by our clients and is not a requirement.
- Go live followed by the PR and marketing launch.
If you would like to learn more please email: James.Gooch@masabi.com