We’re just a couple of days away from one of the biggest events in the ticketing calendar, Transport Ticketing Global 2020! This conference brings together the brightest minds in the fare payment industry to share insights and best practices on the future of the industry.
3 Must See Sessions at Transport Ticketing Global 2020
If you want to know more about some of the exciting things taking place at Transport Ticketing Global, then you’ve come to the right place. With attendees from transport agencies and operators from around the globe sharing their latest breakthroughs and innovations in the transport industry, it is set to be the best year yet.
Here are a few sessions we think you need to ensure you do not miss:
- Panel Discussion; The role of Ticketing and Urban Transport Policies in Delivering MaaS (Tuesday 28th of January, Theatre 1, 09:55 - 10:40am). This panel speaks for itself with respected and well known speakers from across the industry;
- Neil McEvoy, CEO - Consult Hyperion
- Nick Mackie, Global Head of Urban Mobility - Visa
- Esteban Galuzzi , Transit and Transport Undersecretary - Government of the City of Buenos Aires
- Hallie Liao, Head of International Development - Shenzhen Bus Group
- Tina Mörch-Pierre, Assistant Vice President, Innovation Department - Dallas Area Rapid Transit
- Chris Pangilinan, Head of Global Policy for Public Transportation - Uber
- Matt Blanks, Head of Global Transit Strategy - Mastercard
- Panel Discussion; Innovative fare collection: A solid foundation for more sustainable cities (Tuesday 28th of January, Theatre 1, 11:15am - 11:40am). Now, the panel is not currently up on the website but (trust us) we know this one will be a MUST NOT MISS session!
- Panel Discussion; The Adoption of MaaS. Is MaaS for real or is it too complex? (Tuesday 28th of January, Theatre 3, 11:55am - 12:35pm) This session is going to be really interesting, with experts from around the globe, including;
- Tonya Anderson, Product Manager, Electronic Fare Operations at Denver RTD, who last year helped launch a world-first - ticketing in Uber and Transit!
- The excellent Enrique Fernandez-Pino, Group CIO at the Go-Ahead Group
- Cristina Gracia Iguacel, Manager of Customer Experience at Renfe
- Our very own Josh Nicklin, Masabi’s Head of Global Sales.
Find out more about Fare Payments as a Service
Traditional fare collection systems are delivered using a Design, Build, Operate and Maintain model for systems delivery, resulting in bespoke solutions which are all too often slow to deploy, overly expensive, and do not easily update with new features and functionality - meaning they very quickly become outdated and stay in place for significant amounts of time (often over a decade).
2019 saw the launch of Fare Payments-as-a-Service: a new and better way of delivering ticketing services for transport agencies and operators. If you want to know more, Ben Whitaker, Head of Innovation and co-founder of Masabi, will be speaking at Transport Ticketing Global on the first day of the show. Ben will be introducing Fare Payments as a Service, while also exploring the latest ticketing trends taking place in the industry and the different ticketing approaches being taken (Tuesday 28th of January, Theatre 1, 2:30pm-2:50pm).
Take a closer look at the Justride Validator (JRV), Masabi’s brand new validation device
Masabi’s validation unit, the Justride Validator (JRV), is an Account Based Ticketing ready device which enables the electronic validation of all major transport ticketing formats including contactless bank cards (cEMV), barcodes and smartcards (NFC). The JRV was launched in 2019 and will be on display at our booth during the show.
The Latest Developments from MasabiLast year was a really busy year for us at Masabi. It’s been a year full of amazing co-creation launches and while we know the conference and the talks are going to be great, there’s no harm in reminding you about some of the groundbreaking things Masabi has done in 2019 and invite you to come discuss them at our stand (D32) (Yes, that was a shameless plug).
So here’s a recap of some of the things the busy bees at Masabi have been up to:
- Launched in-app ticketing within Transit (app) and Uber for passengers using the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada's (RTC) services in and around Las Vegas
- Deployed a world-first integration in Denver, with RTD tickets being made available in the Uber app, which won the TRANStech Traveller Experience award, followed by Transit who went live a few months later.
- Worked closely with the St Catharines’ Transit Commission to launch ticketing in Transit (app), achieving over 9% adoption after 3 months and was recognised with a prestigious CUTA Award for Innovation.
- Shortlisted for SIX awards at the 2020 Transport Ticketing Global Awards. The winners will be announced on the 28th of January, so stay tuned!
- Four new ticketing services went live in Japan, through our partner Jourdan, including for Shoei Express Bus, Toyota City and Oita Bus
- Launched sightseeing bus ticketing services for Greenline Tours in Rome and for a global operator
- Delivered Account Based Ticketing using an existing smartcard (and mobile app) for riders in Fort Collins
- Successfully ran a mobile ticketing pilot in Calgary Canada
- Deployed a regional fare payments solution for 13 transport agencies across Ohio and Kentucky with Neoride (EZfare)
Make sure to stop by our booth at Transport Ticketing Global 2020 to find out more! If you would like to arrange a meeting with a member of our team during the conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org